TISS offers 5 Year Integrated Programme in Social Science. This course is further broken up into:
- B.A. in Social Sciences (3 years)
M.A. (2 years)
This course is being offered from TISS campuses in Guwahati, Hyderabad and Tuljapur. The graduating student can exercise one of the two options:
appearing for an entrance test for the chosen Masters course.
- Move out of the TISS Campus with the B.A. Degree or
- Move to any of the Masters programmes offered by the same campus without
Some Important Programme Features
1. The programme provides foundational understanding in five key Social Sciences subjects – Sociology, Economics, Political Science, History and Psychology during the first two years and then introduces the students to interdisciplinary subjects like Environment, Development and Gender in the third year.
2. Students are given a choice of specialisations to study and engage with through field-based internship during the last semester of the three years programme.
3. Students study Mathematics and take foundational courses in biological, physical and chemical sciences and languages, literature in addition to learning applied statistics and research methodology.
Eligibility Criteria: Students should have passed 12th class or Intermediate / Candidates who have appeared for their 12th class or Intermediate final exams and are awaiting results are also eligible to apply (any stream)
Age Limit: Candidate should be less than 23 years of age at the time of appearing for the Bachelors Admission Test.
Intake: The total intake is 180 seats with 60 seats for each of the Tuljapur, Guwahati and Hyderabad campuses of TISS
There are two Parts to the TISS Bachelors Admission Test(Computer based):
- PART I : MCQ (60 marks)
- PART II : Qualitative questions (40 marks).
The duration for MCQ is 60 minutes and for the qualitative questions it is 30 minutes.
This Test have sectional cut off mark of 35% for SC, ST and OBC candidates and 40% for general candidates.
There is a 20 minute break between the two parts.
PART I : The examination has a Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) format.
PART II: Answer any two questions. Each question carries 20 marks.